[haiku-development] Re: Haiku alpha 1 release (draft)

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 21:21:34 +0100

Am 03.02.2008 um 20:59 schrieb Axel Dörfler:

I also don't see the need to literally tag those early alpha tries
in SVN. There is even no real need to tag the final alpha release if we
don't intend to continue developing against that particular release;
but since tagging is cheap I guess we could just do it and see if the
need arises :-)
That will of course change with the more serious releases.

A tag helps to look up what code was shipped, once bug reports against such an Alpha start coming in.
I'd agree that a branch probably doesn't make sense at that stage.

Andreas