[haiku-development] Re: Haiku SMP Status

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:53:11 -0600

Is there any interest whatsoever as to the results on a single
core/CPU platform? Or is this code not hit at all in that
circumstance? Also, on a somewhat tangentially related note, the Chart
screenshot made me remember: how does Haiku's scheduler currently
handle affinity? I remember with R5, enabling the 2 thread option
would result in the two threads bouncing randomly between active CPUs,
which is obviously suboptimal for performance.

Regards,

Rene