[haiku-development] Haiku R1/alpha discussion proposals

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:57:49 +0200

Hi gang,

Sorry in advance for the staccato message

I just created a list of proposals based on the discussion we had
recently. Find it at:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/Alpha1Proposals

It might not be fully complete.

Because alpha 1 is nearing, the goal is:

1. Clear up some general goals
2. Make a selection of software

Developers can change the wiki page above: I encourage every developer
to have a look at the list and see if there are any proposals you
would like to endorse. If you endorse a proposal, you say you very
much want this to be in alpha 1 and that you try to make sure that it
will be done. This does not mean that you have to do it yourself, of
course. Developers can also add their own pet peeves to the list.

My personal hope is that this list is to get everyone in 'release
mode' to focus their energy and get things ready. It's our time to
shine!

So here's what I propose we do:

# Freeze the list this Sunday at 13:00 GMT. All proposals that aren't
adopted by any developer, are automatically rejected as being required
for the release.
# Have a week of discussion on the various items.
# Have a vote among all developers with subversion access (this might
be a long list, currently there are 25 items I think, but that seems
the most fair way). Set a deadline on the vote.

Of course, this might be overkill, but then again, this might kick
everyone into 'release gear'.

Niels