[haiku-development] Haiku R1Alpha1 don't run on my real hardware, but older versions doing it

  • From: theUser BL <theuserbl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:25:39 +0000

Hi!
I have at home tested haiku-alpha-candidate-r32887 from Sept. 1st, 2009 and the
current haiku-r1alpha1.
Both running similar on virtual machines, but not on my real hardware:
The old version runs on my real hardware and the current version not!

After starting it from CD, there comes in both versions a window which asks
  Do you which to run the Installer or continue
  booting to the Desktop?
                [Desktop]  [Installer]

After I select "Desktop", on the old version r32887 there comes a new window
with

  Launching media_addon_server failed.

  media_server will terminated
                        [OK]

After klicking on ok, the system runs ok. Without Media-Server, but Haiku is in
Alpha stage and all the other things works.

But on the new Haiku R1 Alpha1, there comes not a second window. There I come
direct to the kernel debugging land:

  PANIC: vm_page_fault: unhandled page fault in kernel space at 0x44, ip
0x81c669e2

  Welcome to Kernel Debugging Land...
  Thread 142 "media_addon_server" running on CPU 0
  kdebug>

I think, after a new reboot something of the text can change. There was a time,
where stands,
that  "media_addon_server" runs on CPU 1 and so.

Greatings
theuserbl

http://redirect.gimas.net/?n=M0909xIE8_MSN_2
Schneller, einfacher, sicherer: Jetzt kostenlos Internet Explorer 8 downloaden!