[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 release timeline

  • From: Augustin Cavalier <ajcsweb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 23:35:08 -0400

On 5/27/2014 5:20 PM, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
It is crasing in the network services stuff. These crashes are very similar to the ones I frequently see in WebPositive. In HaikuDepot, contacting the server can simply be commented out for the release, but wouldn't it be nice to have WebPositive work more stable than it currently does?

+1. The Network Kit has some major problems somewhere (I vaugely recall an IRC discussion with Jessicah, who discovered something like 1. network threads take forever to die 2. cross-thread deletion causes lots of problems, and this wasn't helped by #1).

Also, it says at https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/Alpha5/StatusAndCoordination that we won't be upgrading Web+ until after the merge... Is this such a good idea? The new Web+ (tagged today) fixes a lot of issues, I hear, with not many new features to worry about breakage.

What are the plans with regards to show-casing PM with this release? Aren't there multiple issues left that we wanted addressed when we last discussed the release back in 2013? One of them was .pkg breakage, which I worked on a bit, but there are open tickets for specific packages.

This is a release blocker for me. If we aren't BeOS-compatible, there's no sense releasing at all, since that was the goal of Haiku R1.

-waddlesplash