[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 release timeline

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 00:53:57 -0700

> > So I think Augustin should be the one in charge, and if anyone wants to
> help him
> > (including Adrien), I would assume that this is certainly appreciated.
>
> I had sent a mail applying for this at about the same time, but it
> didn't get through as my ML subscription was not configured properly.
> I'm worried that waddlesplash is not a member of the haiku project with
> commit access, and it feels a bit strange to me that someone external to
> the project can be RC. But if everyone is ok with that, let's go for it,
> it's only less work for me.

I'm not convinced Augustin is up for the challenge.  He's not yet a
committer and even seasoned Haiku developer's have found that the role of
release manager is a bit much for one person.  As Matt stated earlier we
need to take a look at what's required and make sure we cover everything.
 I dug up the post mortem from Alpha4, here's the mailing list thread.
 Please review it.
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Haiku-R1A4-Postmortem

I do think Augustin can help out with many of the tasks though.  As a
start, that recent mailing list discussions should be reviewed and
summerized, along with the previously mentioned postmortem.

A ticket should be created for the PM branch issue at HaikuPorts.  Perhaps
Augstin can help Oliver out with that work?

-scottmc