[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 release timeline

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 12:31:09 +0200

On 2014-05-30 at 10:07:10 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > On May 30, 2014 at 12:37 AM Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What leaves me puzzled is that I keep saying this and people just seem to
> > ignore it. Why?
>
> You're not ignored, people just tend to forget annoying things after a
> while ;-)
>
> Since this seems to be quite some work, is there any way to break it into
> smaller (clearly defined) parts so that many people can contribute?

When I created testing_x86_64, I looked at the list of required packages (as
defined by build/jam/repositories/HaikuPorts/<arch>) and populated the
(initially empty) branch with seemingly appropriate recipe versions from
master.

That set can then be tested for consistency by trying a bootstrap on it.

The only (small) opportunity for sharing work I can think of is that the
initial set of recipes could be limited to those required for the minimum
image (as opposed to the release image). Once that is working, more people
could work on extending the set, each one working on different "leaf"
recipes.

cheers,
        Oliver