[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 release timeline

  • From: "SMC.Collins" <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 00:12:00 +0000 (UTC)

We need to set better goals, timelines, and expectations for releases.

I'm starting to feel like attempting to get a release out isn't reallypossible
anymore. Please disregard the timelines I mentioned.

Good luck,

Alex

Rant on/

This is just getting fucking rediculous. Haiku needs to release and it needs to
do it literally like yesterday. Secondly, this release process is just getting
so long its becoming more and more like a actually finished product release.
These are ALPHA's and I would like to emphasize ALPHA again. As in, unfinished
pre bug testing widespread use phase. My recomendation here is to thusly
release whatever todays nightly is. Bugs are part of Alpha's and widepsread
testing will help reveal more bugs. I'd recomend a freeze starting tommorow, a
week of testing to ensure no serious problems exist, and then a release.

Thats it, just punt the damn thing out the door. If another Alpha is needed
prior to beta, do it after GSOC. This process is to long, to complicated and
severly suffering from feature creep.

Rant Off/

Sean