[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 release timeline

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 08:34:51 -0500

On , François Revol wrote:
On 28/05/2014 13:50, Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:
What tickets? Let's fix them if there are only a few.

Keep in mind we'll soon have to focus on GSoC as well, not the best time
for a release.

I agree, definitely not ideal.  It was discussed to get a release out
before GSoC, however that didn't pan out.

I'm afraid at this point if we don't get a release out soon, the next
one won't come for years. I've been asking commiters and senior community
members for 4-6 months now to see if anyone would be interested in being
the release coordinator any time soon. I've yet to find a single person
prepared to be the release coordinator due to real life being too busy.

I have found a few folks to be "backup" / "secondary" release coordinators, but no-one who can step up to be primary. Primary RC is a lot of work, and
can consume a lot of free time if it is your first time.

I have a *small* window over the next few months to squeeze a release out as a primary RC, after that I will be unavailable for quite some time as well.

So, if not now.. when? If anyone with the qualifications could step up 100%
to be a successful primary release coordinator post-GSoC, then releasing
after GSoC is a non-issue.

François, could you be the release coordinator post-GSoC?

 -- Alex