[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1A5 release timeline

  • From: Jessica Hamilton <jessica.l.hamilton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 21:09:47 +1200

> What about system upgrades? I know Ingo worked on this recently, is this
> complete enough already? Do we have a plan of setting up this alpha release
> such that it can actually be upgraded via PM once we publish the next
> release? I know some of this may be configurable by the user (adding
> repositories), but it would be nice to have a default repo configured which
> we'll actually use as a channel for the next official release.

I've personally had quite good success with upgrading (and even
downgrading!) the system. Perhaps we could set up an official-release
repo branch. When the next release is available, simply update the
official-release branch, and people can update.

We could also push updated software built against current official
release to the matching branch in haikuports.

Jessica