[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Ports - Where do they go?

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 23:37:52 +0000

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 11:17 PM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the process of working on the OpenJDK port there may be a need for
>> some
>> software that does not exist on Haiku to be ported to help the build
>> process.  Before I attempt to compile software that may already be
>> ported, I
>> would like to know where is the best place to look?
>
> 1. http://ports.haiku-files.org/
> 2. http://revolf.free.fr/beos/patches/
> 3. http://bebits.com/
> 4. http://www.bebits.com/app/2684 (ftp.be.com mirror has old but still
> interesting sources for ports of many gnu tools that were included with
> R5)
>
>> If the software has not
>> been ported, where should I put any software that I may port?
>
> 1. http://ports.haiku-files.org/
> 2. their official repository so the next person who needs it won't have
> to do it again ;)
>
> François.

Another place to key an eye on for ports is:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/pingwinek/trunk/packages/

Have you already talked with Andrew, last I knew he was working on
bootstraping, but that was several months ago now.  If you comes
across any other packages that need to be ported that are standing in
your way just let us know at HaikuPorts and we'll and it to the
BigApps Milestone:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/milestone/Big%20App%20Dependencies
-scottmc