[haiku-development] Re: [Haiku PM] compatibility with software from Haikuware

  • From: Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:36:17 +0200

2013/9/24 Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>:
> There are three installation locations where packaged software can be
> installed ("/boot/system", "/boot/common", "/boot/home/config"), and two
> installation locations where none packaged software can be installed
> ("/boot/common/non-packaged", "/boot/home/config/non-packaged"). The
> internal directory layout of all installation locations is exactly the same
> (with the exception that "/boot/system" lacks the writable directories
> "settings", "var", "cache").
>
> A non-packaged application should consequently go to
> "/boot/common/non-packaged/apps" or "/boot/home/config/non-packaged/apps".

Thank you, Ingo. So the Wiki page should be updated :-)
And for the question of non-packaged apps which need to use /common
(and subdirectories) since some of these are removed/changed in the PM
branch (eg "common/share" and "common/etc" and also for the read only
in "/common")? This could be resolved by making a hpkg (eg for the QT
framework) but how, for old apps on Haikuware?
I have seen, on Haikuware, that there are some apps which insert stuff
under /common.

Best regards,
--
Giovanni.