[haiku-development] Haiku PM: How to install a full development environment?

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 11:27:40 -0300

I am playing with the new PM stuff in Haiku and compiled a x86/x86_gcc2
hybrid version of it.

Now I am trying to set it up for development but i am having issues. I
installed the gcc package from HaikuDepot and also installed binutils. Now
the issue is that there are no header files (for ecample, unistd.h is
missing) and there is no obvious package to install those (or maybe I am
just being obtuse and could not figure it out).

Any ideas?

While we are at it, a fair warning:

I mounted an ext2 (actually, ext4) partition and tried to save a file to it
from within Haiku. Now linux does not boot out of that partition anymore
and there are not even any messages during boot that could indicate what
may be happening (it simply stops when trying to mount the boot partition
and nothing happens). I can still access the partition from within Haiku,
so I guess it probably messed it in a weird way.

Maybe we should disable ext2 write support just in case?

Thanks in advance.