[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Mesa3D status update (luke-warm teapots)

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:59:35 -0600

On 04.01.2012 12:56, Urias McCullough wrote:
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Adrien Destugues
<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A word of warning... it will be one hell of a commit. :)   I am keeping
the changes as one commit because anywhere in-between the first change and
last change would be a broken build.  This will also make it easier to
reverse in case there are any large undetected issues.

Use git powerful features :)

I guess we're going to get more and more of these, with people working in
their ownbranch and merging finished stuff to trunk when done...

Indeed - broken build is one thing (and a single push of all commits
should make that a non-issue) - but having to dig through one giant
commit to figure out everything that changed, without context-specific
commit messages is going to suck later on if something is awry and a
developer other than you needs to track it down...

Haha, fair enough :)

I'll break things apart a bit in a branch. To be honest.. most of the 12 MB patch is
removing the lib/mesa sources ;)

 -- Alex