[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Inc's purpose (was: Haiku Inc. and Haiku)

  • From: "Jonas Sundstrom" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 02:21:13 +0200 CEST

"Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/9/2 Jonas Sundstrom <jonas@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I think I´ve mostly thought of Haiku, Inc as just
> > being there, doing what it was supposed to do,
> > without fanfare.
>
> If I may ask, what do you believe that Haiku, Inc.
> does currently?

Maintaining its status as non-profit, filing/holding
trademarks, receiving/keeping/distributing donations,
holding some copyright to Haiku source.

> What should it be doing?

I think those are just fine. Not everything must be
part of Haiku, inc.

> > From the inside point-of-view, how is Haiku, Inc. broken?
> preventing us from moving forward: The Certificate
> of Incorporation paperwork in the state of New York
> (where the corporation has been registered) still
> names M. Phipps and the other two original board
> members, along with M. Phipps previous mailing address
> (where he no longer resides).
> proceed to rectify other things like fixing/transferring
> the existing bank account, filing the new tax forms, etc.
> In all of these issues, we have been lacking real
> legal counsel, and real financial advice - making
> everything more difficult.

:/ I haven´t got a clue how to begin solving that
without the cooperation of the current board members.

/Jonas.