[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Inc. in Contempt of Its Community

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 19:16:23 +0100

On 02/17/2015 07:07 PM, Augustin Cavalier wrote:
On 2/17/2015 12:55 PM, Donn Cave wrote:
" Release builds, that's up the air.  It might be there, or it might
   not be.  Or we might leave it in the PATH but not have it created ..."

It's no wonder you don't see what I'm talking about, if this gratuitous
change to the directory structure is, to you, "having an additional
element."

Right, "might or might not be". If there are a significant number of
people that want it, we'd leave it in.

I don't recall that there was never any discussion about removing the ~/config/non-packaged directory tree. And I'd be very much opposed to that as it would remove the standard installation location for user local non-packaged software.

CU, Ingo