[haiku-development] Haiku Gallium3D / Mesa Hardware Rendering

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:34:06 -0500

I've been working on a diagram to try and lay out how Gallium3D will pass data to the Graphics Card.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1KG4wuspMHZWl0398J_m2BXCWxkNGYxcLZwxE9Xk3LV0/edit

Right now i'm thinking one of the following are going to be our options (from most likely to least likely)

   BGLRenderer -> DRI2 translation "thing" -> Accelerant (ring buffer)
   BGLRenderer -> Accelerant (ring buffer)
   BGLRenderer -> Driver -> Accelerant (ring buffer)  (blah, i hate this)

The ring buffer has to be in the Accelerant due to it needing AtomBIOS (which the accelerant provides)

Any thoughts welcome. Please keep in mind Hardware rendering is post-R1 as mainline Mesa/Gallium
will *not* compile under gcc2 without us forking it :)

Comments / Thoughts / Flames *very* welcome.

Thanks!
 -- Alex