[haiku-development] Re: Greetings, Earthlings.

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 08:43:48 -0700

2008/10/4 Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>:
> - Can I install Haiku directly on a PC without using VMWare?  The same
> PC will have BeOS 5 Pro, so I could use the BeOS to format  Haiku's
> filesystem and make Haiku bootable.

If you're feeling really adventurous, you could build and install
haiku directly to a partition from sources ;) This can work from BeOS
R5 (by setting up the proper cross-compile environment), but it's much
faster from Linux.

> - I'm in Silicon Valley.  I live in South San Jose and work in
> Sunnyvale.  Who'd like to meet for coffee or a beer?

There are several community members in the northern California area -
we do occasionally get together. We do have a mailing list that gets
occasional traffic about upcoming events:

http://norcal-hug.org

Note: that site may be moving to a new server within the next week or two...

- Urias