[haiku-development] Re: Greetings, Earthlings.

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 10:23:28 +0200

Am 04.10.2008 um 09:10 schrieb Michael Crawford:

- Can I install Haiku directly on a PC without using VMWare?  The same
PC will have BeOS 5 Pro, so I could use the BeOS to format  Haiku's
filesystem and make Haiku bootable.

Exactly, just mount the Haiku image in BeOS and copy its contents to a Haiku partition, and then make it bootable.

- Will BeOS 5 Pro's boot menu see a Haiku installation?

Of course that works.

- I'd like to start with a Haiku build that has been tested somewhat
and is thought to be stable.  Which one do you recommend?

Don't know.

- I'm in Silicon Valley.  I live in South San Jose and work in
Sunnyvale.  Who'd like to meet for coffee or a beer?

If you pay for the flight tickets ;)

- Michael