[haiku-development] Greetings, Earthlings.

  • From: "Michael Crawford" <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 00:10:33 -0700

I just subscribed.

I was a BeOS developer since the DR8 days, but I had a rather famous
falling out with Be as a result of their Change in Focus, and have
hardly touched the BeOS since.  But I'm developing a Free Software
audio application called Ogg Frog and intend to support both BeOS and
Haiku from Ogg Frog's first release:

   http://www.oggfrog.com/free-music-software/

I've been a software engineer for twenty-one years, mostly on the
Macintosh.  Since '97 most of my work has been in C++.  Here is my
calling card:

   http://www.goingware.com/resume/

I have a few questions:

- Can I install Haiku directly on a PC without using VMWare?  The same
PC will have BeOS 5 Pro, so I could use the BeOS to format  Haiku's
filesystem and make Haiku bootable.

- Will BeOS 5 Pro's boot menu see a Haiku installation?

- I'd like to start with a Haiku build that has been tested somewhat
and is thought to be stable.  Which one do you recommend?

- I'm in Silicon Valley.  I live in South San Jose and work in
Sunnyvale.  Who'd like to meet for coffee or a beer?

Thanks! -- Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   Enjoy my art, photography, music and writing at
http://www.geometricvisions.com/
        --- Free Compact Disc ---