[haiku-development] Re: Google Code-In task ideas

  • From: Patrik Gissberg <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 10:52:18 +0100

* Get the VirtualBox guest additions compiling under gcc2.
   I'm guessing that scgtrp can help mentor this, as well as break it
down into smaller sized chunks.
I have an item on my todo-list to crate a ticket to get the VirtualBox guest addon to compile under gcc2.

Should I do that anyway? I guess it is a bug, not an enhancement?

Suggestions:

* Go through all open tickets and check if they are still valid.
- Close tickets that are no longer valid.
- If there has been no activity in the ticket for a specified amount of time, ask the reporter for validation. -- If the reporter do not respond in a specified amount of time, close the ticket. Tickets can be reopened if the reporter gets in touch at a later point. - If a ticket is difficult to understand, ask the reporter to clarify the description. How to reproduce the problem? -- If the reporter do not respond in a specified amount of time, close the ticket.

* Go through all open tickets with a patch and verify the patch. If it's ok, have a commiter commit the patch and close the ticket.

Patrik