[haiku-development] Google Code-In 2014

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 23:16:37 -0700

I have signed Haiku up as a possible mentoring org for Google Code-In
2014.  If you would like to be a mentor for Haiku this year contact me
off-list.

Our brain storming ideas wiki page it here:
https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/GoogleCodeInIdeas2014
If you have task ideas and have wiki editing permissions feel free to
update the wiki page.
If you have idea(s) and don't have wiki editing permissions you can still
suggest ideas by filling out the form here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ozlfjZ-miL81zKIVICxiv0-wXPTUhYjROIE83IYqvYY/viewform
It asks a few questions, but the main one is the first one, please at least
fill that one in.

Note that some or all of these may or may not end up in our final list to
be entered into Melange.  This is just to gather possible task ideas.  We
like to have 200+ tasks loaded up and ready to go by the start of the
contest which is Dec 1st, 2014.

We find out on November 12, 2014 if we get selected.

If you are a potential student, aged 13-17 you can start getting ready, but
please note that the task list ideas are just that, ideas, and may change,
so don't go starting to work on them ahead of time as they may not even be
accepted when we put them into Melange.  By getting ready, we mean, start
learning how to run, build and/or code for Haiku.  We will most likely also
have several tasks that use HaikuPorter, so reading up on that would also
be helpful.

-scottmc