[haiku-development] Re: Go for Alpha3?

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 11:56:36 -0800

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Disreali <mdisreali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If you haven't run a recent Haiku CD in awhile now might be
>> a good time to get a recent nightly gcc2hybrid image, burn
>> it to CD and give it a spin.
>
> There are a couple tickets about systems not able to boot from the LiveCD.
>
> https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5539
> https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7230 <- this is mine

Thx for the links! I'll look at those too.

While testing the LiveCD the other day, I also ran into problems
booting them on one of my laptops too, but they worked on another
machine I had. I need to investigate further and see if my problem
falls into one of these two tickets. It failed both anyboot CDs and
ISO CDs - but worked with linux ISOs...so yuck.

- Urias