[haiku-development] Re: Glass Elevator proposal: templated BControl

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:50:57 +0200

Hi,

I agree with both of what Adrien and waddlesplash said. The design goal of the API should be to make it easy for developers to write correctly behaving applications and to minimize the code necessary to wire everything together. I think the Be API isn't perfect in this regard. So whether or not we need BTypedControl... What common problem does it solve? Would there be a much better way to solve it? IMHO, the Interface Kit tries to make it easy to process UI events in other threads, but they have to be BLoopers if you want to minimize the necessary code. What I think is missing is a notion to separate UI from data and to bind the two together, possibly in an automated fashion. I don't yet see how BTypedControl helps much with that.

Best regards,
-Stephan