[haiku-development] Re: Git/Hg: some speed tests

  • From: "Brecht Machiels" <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 16:42:41 +0200

On Thu, 05 May 2011 15:42:02 +0200, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Additionally, it doesn't really matter which upstream the hacked revision is
based on, since you can never be sure that the local changes are not the
cause for the problem. So, I'd strongly advise people (and we could add a
check) to only ever use revision descriptors from the central repo in Trac.

Hg and Git allow you to check whether local changes exist (just like svn status), and this can also be saved during the build, of course.

--
Brecht