[haiku-development] Re: Git/Hg: some speed tests

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 12:53:16 +0200

On Thu, 05 May 2011 01:28:31 +0200 Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2011-05-05 at 00:48:51 [+0200], Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
> [ ... ]
> >
> > central: 1 - 2b - 2a - merge
> > a:       1 - 2b - 2a - merge
> > b:       1 - 2b - 2a - merge
> >
> > When committing 2a before 2b those are swapped in the end result. Though
> > find this result more interesting with respect to revision number tags.
> > assume the result would be:
> >
> > central:  1 - 2b - 2a - merge
> > tags:    r1 - r3 - r2 - r4
> >
> > Right?
>
> Yes, I think so. But, AFAICS, it's just like Niels has said: there really
> is
> no order between 2a and 2b, they are just sitting next to one another.

Right. I played a bit with that and the revision tagging should indeed better
be:

central:  1 - 2b - 2a - merge
tags:    r1 -    - r2 - r3

Or with 2a and 2b committed in order:

central:  1 - 2a - 2b - merge
tags:    r1 - r2 -    - r3

I hope that is possible with automatic server-side tagging.

CU, Ingo