[haiku-development] Gerrit

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 11:25:42 +0200

Hi,

I just wanted to ask: Is everyone who is using Gerrit happy with this tool?

What other options for code review would we even have and are there important benefits to Gerrit over these other options?

I'm asking because everytime I use the tool, I find the interface really cumbersome and not intuitive. Most of the time I don't feel I know where I am and how to get back. Once I finally managed to collect some comments I always spend more than a minute to figure out how to actually post them. And just now, I have lost a great deal of text I typed into a comment, since I must have accidentally pressed a wrong key on the keyboard. I just hate the whole experience.

Best regards,
-Stephan