[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC proposal] IMAP FS - A few queries

  • From: Anshul Singhle <xashck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 02:30:00 +0530

>Though since the FS maps message to file, as long as it does so
>consistently, and publishes what it's doing, there should be no
>problem, right?  I mean, if the `plain' part of your message is
>2137 bytes and the `html' part is 2904 bytes, the FS can compute
>offsets from this and enforce them.

I think what we are going for here is getting the part of the message
without first storing it in the FS.

The newer IMAP Fetch command allows us to do this. See
http://objectmix.com/imap/201762-need-help-fetching-multipart-exchange.html.
Read the last comment

You need to fetch the bodystructure first. After parsing the result you can
fetch the various parts as BODY[1] , BODY[2.1] based on the bodystructure