[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC proposal] IMAP FS - A few queries

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:45:38 -0700 (PDT)

Quoth "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>,
> Nope, they are sizes.

Right.

> Which is why I asked. Without having exact offsets the file system
> user can only guess where to read in the mail file to get a certain
> body part.

Though since the FS maps message to file, as long as it does so
consistently, and publishes what it's doing, there should be no
problem, right?  I mean, if the `plain' part of your message is
2137 bytes and the `html' part is 2904 bytes, the FS can compute
offsets from this and enforce them.

Then all I need is `MIME structure' attributes for the parts, and
I would certainly want something like that anyway.  I mean, even
if that's all the MIME support I get, at least I would like to know
about that structure if possible.

        Donn