[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC] filesystem ideas

  • From: Sean Bartell <wingedtachikoma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 22:44:12 -0400

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 10:33:28PM -0400, Matt Madia wrote:
> > 2. Read support for JFS, XFS, and Btrfs (or some other combination).
> How would you plan on implementing these -- native drivers or through
> FUSE/UserlandFS?
> Can you mention what code you would base the work on?

I was thinking I could write UserlandFS drivers and then convert them to
native ones (I read somewhere converting should be easy to do).

I would prefer to write my own code, while paying close attention to the
Linux implementations. That allows for more use of C++, and more
Haiku-friendly licensing.