[haiku-development] GSoC Outline

  • From: Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 19:47:28 +0000

Hi,

I'm currently elaborating my application, and I would like some opinions
 about my goal planning. The main goals are:

- Initial ext3 read
        support

- Support for the ext3
        journal (transactions and log replaying)

- Implement an ext3 block
        allocator.
- Support for altering
        file data.
- Support for writing
        file meta-data (truncating, stats, creation and deletion of files).

- Test implementation.

I also separated some things that I
could do if there's spare time. Should I include them under the project
goals (marked as possibly implement them?)? The things are:

- xattr
        support.

- Advanced journal
        features (shared and/or external journals).

- Start ext4 read support.

Is there anything missing? Should I also include an estimate of development
time in each project goal? Or should I group them? Thanks in advance,

Janito