[haiku-development] GSoC Ideas and few Questions!

  • From: gopi <gopi.daiict@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:14:01 +0545

Hi,

I resend my earlier message to the development mailing list, as ther's much
audience here!

thanks!

Hi

I am a
student, considering to apply to Haiku Inc., for the Summer Of Code 2008.
One of my ideas for the GSoC programes is,

"Enable the kernel to run as a userland process on top of itself"

strategies would be,

a. "vkernel" similar to one in DragonFly BSD.
b. Similar to Linux KVM Virtualization technology
c. Similar to UML

Indeed this would be a great tool to the kernel hackers, and developers in
general.

Choosing one among the alternatives would gives rise a a debate altogther,
I seek suggestions on which would server the best for HaikuOS.

Also, are the there any Haiku Hackers to mentor this project ?

Regards