[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC 2010] Services Kit API draft

  • From: Christophe Huriaux <c.huriaux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:41:52 +0200

2010/4/14 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> That depends a lot on your usage; const char* should be used where it
> makes sense -- constructing a BString for nothing is definitely a lot
> more expensive than just passing an actual const char*.

 That's why I didn't see the need of BString at the moment, even if I
don't have the code in mind yet.

Concerning the lack of flexibility with the maneer I connect classes
between them, I had the cURL interface in mind while drafting my
document, rather than QT or Java framework. It's more oriented on the
simplicity of implementation from the developer side (but with a lot
of configuration options). But you're right, I used QT and Java for a
while and the flexibility they offer is quite powerful. However, I
don't know the Chromium network backend but I will take a look and try
to update my rough draft. (I read on previous haiku-dev mailing list
posts that you agree on using Chromium code within Haiku ?)

--
Christophe Huriaux