[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC 2010] Services Kit API draft

  • From: Christophe Huriaux <c.huriaux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:36:54 +0200

 The example `BServicePaste' was explicitly for these kind of web
sites (public sharing of code/text, "web pasting services"), I have
explicitly used member names to express what they are aimed to :
sending a "paste" (that's how such web sites call the data being
shared, I don't doubt it's a deviation from the english verb). Even if
it is an abstract API, BService* classes would be in charge of a
specific task, hence how I named example members. However it may be a
good idea to abstract such jargon from the final user of the API,
though.

 IMHO, BNetwork could be a little confusing with the existing
low-level Network Kit classes, no ?

 I'm always open to remarks on the semantic since english is not my
first language, and I'm aware I can have mispelled some things. Thanks
for these remarks :)

--
Christophe Huriaux