[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC 2010] Services Kit API draft

  • From: Jack Small <jaxs@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:18:34 -0700

Chrisotphe,

On Apr 14, 2010, at 10:07 AM, Christophe Huriaux wrote:

I published a rough draft of how I imagine the "Services Kit API" to
be, in order to offer simplicity and flexibility to developers using
the Kit. I would like to have some reviews to refine this draft if
possible.

Link to the Google doc : http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfc49mzx_7gq8fbgfw

Would be nice high level API in the tool chest. I have two little issues, just semantics really.

First I think it should be WebServices instead of just Services. The latter is just far too vague.

Second, for some reason SendPaste and RetreivePaste are very confusing to me. Paste is a verb. Is there some reason not to call these functions WriteData and ReadData? Unless it is some web jargon I don't know?

Don't get me wrong - I'd still use it!

More later,
Jack