[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC 2010] Services Kit API draft

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:32:05 +0200 CEST

Le Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:54:54 +0200, Adrien Destugues a écrit :
> > 2010/4/14 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > That depends a lot on your usage; const char* should be used
> > > where
> > > it
> > > makes sense -- constructing a BString for nothing is definitely a
> > > lot
> > > more expensive than just passing an actual const char*.
> >
> >  That's why I didn't see the need of BString at the moment, even if
> > don't have the code in mind yet.
>
> There are quite a lot of useful functions for search and replace that
> imaginne would be useful for handling an URL (finding the / for
> splitting, finding the ://, escaping/unescaping, ...)

Btw, we already have a BUrl class taken from urlwrapper, but it was
written specifically for it, so it's probably better to rewrite it
better, but urlwrapper could give you an example of use.

Btw, I also wrote a WebPaste add-on in Pe, though it's doing everything
itself, cf.
http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/pe-editor/trunk/Extensions/WebPaste.cpp
which gives an example how not to do it :p

François.