[haiku-development] Re: [GSOC] xhci or USB3.0 support initial patch

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 18:02:57 +0200

Hi Jian,

Am 30.03.2011 17:54, schrieb Jian Chiang:
[...]
Attached xhci.tar.gz contains xhci.cpp, xhci.h, xhci_hardware.h and
xhci.rdef, they should be put at src/add-ons/kernel/busses/usb

Attached patch is for those guys want to try, it will enable xhci building
and loading, I think this patch should be delayed to xhci functions are
mostly implemented :)

Thanks for the patch! It seems the advice to look at the existing USB module add-ons was most fruitful. :-)

PS: Is this enough for the required code contribution for gsoc apply?

I would say this certainly constitutes a nice demonstration of capabilities to get involved in the codebase. I am wondering how quickly you could implement XHCI if your project was picked... what do you say about including in your proposal to fix more existing issues with the USB implementation (for example isochronous transfers are not completely implemented in all add-ons, IIRC), as time permits?

Best regards,
-Stephan