[haiku-development] Re: GSOC Idea Suggestion

  • From: Pier Luigi Fiorini <pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:24:26 +0100

2009/3/25 Mauro de Wit <maurodewit@xxxxxxxxx>

> Ext3 doesn't do both and neither does a /proc filesystem (another
> proposition). In my opinion Haiku should stick with the R5 way and not
> become another linux like OS. Implementing yet existing functionality
> makes the OS more bloated and brings fragmentation.

Ext3 and procfs are different things. A ext3 filesystem would be useful for
interoperability with Linux systems.

If a user wants to migrate his data from Linux to Haiku what he's supposed
to do?
Copy his files on a vfat filesystem? :)

Other filesystems such as XFS and Reiser3 would be very welcome IMHO.

--
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it
works. "