[haiku-development] Re: GSOC: IMAP as a Local File System

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 14:08:47 -0400

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 18:47, anil kag <anilkagak2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 3) one more problem is there
> i am not having a configured git account (i have downloaded the source code
> from the http//github.com/haiku/haiku.git repository), is there any way of
> submitting patches to the TODO tasks(if i'm able to crack them)??

This year, we're pushing the idea of all students having a public
clone of haiku's repository.

As for making a patch, you could use "git format-patch master --stdout
> my_feature.patch"

There's also http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/SubmittingPatches  (Though,
that page is need of an update, to include more git specific usage.
e.g., working in a local branch and making the patches relative to
origin/master.)

> 4) as it will not always good to mail to the mailing list, is there any
> person who can help me out in this Idea?? i would be very thankful for the
> help ..

It's preferred to use the mailing lists, so that anyone could reply.
Also, using the mailing list makes it easier for other people to
find/learn the same information.

>  and last
> 5) I will be trying to submit the proposal till Monday evening(as before
> that code submission is required), will that be fine??

Sure.  Remember that students can edit proposals up until the
application deadline. Mentors can allow students to edit proposals on
a case-by-case basis after the deadline. Note that comments on
proposals can _not_ be edited after submitting.

--mmadia