[haiku-development] Re: GSOC 2011 VirtualBox guest additions added to official optional packages?

  • From: Kingdon Barrett <kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:18:41 -0400

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Kingdon Barrett <kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Kingdon Barrett <
> kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Kingdon Barrett <
>> kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:54 PM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>> Some more googling and I know I should have tried autoscan, then
>> libtoolize -fci (-f -c -i), and then aclocal.
>>
>> Trying all of that now.
>>

> Running autoscan did not produce any configure.ac, but copying the
> configure file from the other repo got me a little further.
>
> I saw some messages like 'ignoring old recipe for RTErrConvertFromErrno',
> it looks like this concern has been addressed before in the mmadia repo,
> but there is a duplicate case for EDOOFUS?
>
> Commenting out the ifdef and case for EDOOFUS (since it seems to be a
> duplicate of EINVAL) gets even further.
>
> At that point, the build seems to have succeeded, until it gets to fd_set
> is not declared in socket.cpp
> Adding #include <sys/select.h> to that file seems to resolve that.
>
> Now I'm at k/kLdr.h (and friends) are not found, in
> src/VBox/Runtime/common/ldr/ldrkstuff.cpp
>
> I don't know how to resolve that.  Taking the problem includes out does
> not help, the ldrK stuff appears to be a part of kStuff (that I don't seem
> to have)... maybe should have built kBuild myself?

Added kStuff from the VirtualBox sources 4.2.12, spent some time removing
#include <sys/fcntl.h> and adding making sure nobody thinks we
HAVE_DIRENT_D_TYPE, constants for HAIKU in a file I can't locate anymore,
and finally I can't figure out what comes next after finding futimes
undeclared and futimesat unavailable as a replacement as in solaris.

Sorry to spam the list with this Oracle stuff, I am very impressed with the
depth of this work and the apparent distance traveled by everyone since
last time I tried haiku, and I am going to go put Haiku on some bare metal
as an experiment.

--
Kingdon Barrett <kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Attention Lens: http://del.icio.us/yebyen