[haiku-development] Re: GSOC 2011 VirtualBox guest additions added to official optional packages?

  • From: Kingdon Barrett <kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:58:27 -0400

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Kingdon Barrett <kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Kingdon Barrett <
> kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> myself,
>>>
>>> Instead, try running autoconf, then configure.  If that still doesn't
>>> know Haiku, then try running "libtoolize --fci", then "aclocal" and then
>>> autoconf again.
>>> See if that changes anything.
>>>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> autoconf complains of no input file, libtoolize does not know --fci, and
>> aclocal does not find configure.ac
>>

> Some more googling and I know I should have tried autoscan, then
> libtoolize -fci (-f -c -i), and then aclocal.
>
> Trying all of that now.

Running autoscan did not produce any configure.ac, but copying the
configure file from the other repo got me a little further.

I saw some messages like 'ignoring old recipe for RTErrConvertFromErrno',
it looks like this concern has been addressed before in the mmadia repo,
but there is a duplicate case for EDOOFUS?

Commenting out the ifdef and case for EDOOFUS (since it seems to be a
duplicate of EINVAL) gets even further.

At that point, the build seems to have succeeded, until it gets to fd_set
is not declared in socket.cpp
Adding #include <sys/select.h> to that file seems to resolve that.

Now I'm at k/kLdr.h (and friends) are not found, in
src/VBox/Runtime/common/ldr/ldrkstuff.cpp

I don't know how to resolve that.  Taking the problem includes out does not
help, the ldrK stuff appears to be a part of kStuff (that I don't seem to
have)... maybe should have built kBuild myself?

--
Kingdon Barrett <kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Attention Lens: http://del.icio.us/yebyen