[haiku-development] Re: GSOC 2011 VirtualBox guest additions added to official optional packages?

  • From: Kingdon Barrett <kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:55:09 -0400

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM, Alexander von Gluck
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-06-17 at 17:32 -0400, Kingdon Barrett wrote:
> ... > When I changed configure to look
> > for 'as' instead of 'as86' it just hangs, so maybe I'm wrong.  ^D --
> > now missing bcc, and only this far through the alphabet.
>
> > I did not dare try it on GCC2 or GCC4-hybrid versions, but I did also
> > see that once configure failed, the instructions refer to a tool
> > called 'kmk' that seems to be absent and also not available as named
> > in optional packages.
>
> > Does anyone maintain these additions for their own personal use, or
> > have all the Haiku developers changed over to using bare metal now?
> >  Any haiku vets willing to produce some updated compilation
> > instructions, or at least to give the build a try and report back?
>
> The Haiku VirtualBox additions are actually in the VirtualBox source
> tree. Last I checked however they were broken (just not compiling)
>
> https://www.virtualbox.org/browser/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/Additions
>
> As VirtualBox is fairly closed in their development, making
> contributions is a little tough and time consuming as the real repo
> is behind closed doors @ Oracle.
>
> As for haikufire, it moved over to pub.haikungfu.net. (that however is
> offline as I recently moved to a VPS which doesn't have a ton of space)
>
> I'll see if I can find my archive of pub.haikungfu.net and post a link
> here soon.
>
> mmadia has a copy of the final gsoc work here:
> https://github.com/mmadia/vbox-haiku

Thanks!  I will stay tuned, hopefully the binary still exists and works
somewhere.  I maintain an x86 news blog focused mostly on Android, I'll
post more about this when it's working on my machine.
http://nerdland.info/haiku

--
Kingdon Barrett <kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>