[haiku-development] Re: GPT boot loader for Haiku (the start of)

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 03:42:41 -0300

2009/6/10 André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Could some kind
> soul please check what the hell am I missing here?

Doh. Got it myself. I didn't notice that routine was called on several
places that *expected* 1 sector, and when I forced the routine to read
more of them something got corrupted in memory.

Sorry. :P

Anyway, so that I'm not stepping on someone's toes, I'm modifying that
IPL to boot from a MBR ppartition in case a valid GPT isn't found. GPT
boot is already working great. When it's done, I'll convert it to nasm
format (same used on stage1.S and co.) and attach the code to a
ticket, as suggested by mmadia. I had intended to do this since the
beginning, but I wanted to have that sector loading (non-)issue sorted
out first :)

Cheers,
A.

--