[haiku-development] Re: GCC 4.7 error (is the fix an ABI issue?)

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:55:38 +0100

On 11/15/2012 12:42 AM, Joseph Prostko wrote:
[...]
To fix this, I added a virtual destructor for Proxy in AbstractLayout.cpp.

Will this be an ABI issue?  I talked to Rene privately about this when
he was reviewing my suggested changes, and he mentioned the following:

"
That is indeed the correct fix, however that will add a virtual slot
and by extension possibly have some ABI compatibility issues depending
on whether or not that proxy class is actually exposed to any outside
code.
"

Can somebody more familiar with the layout class code comment on
whether or not adding the virtual destructor will be a problem or not?

The class is completely implementation private, so making the destructor virtual won't cause any breakage.

CU, Ingo