[haiku-development] GCC 4.5 update follow up

  • From: Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:33:20 +0200

Hi,

As you might have noticed, GCC 4 on trunk was updated to the 4.5 release.
The remaining point following this update is the broken debugging
support in GDB. Debugger seems to be affected but not so badly as GDB.
To be noticed, some GCC options are available to restrict this new
behavior ("-gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf" or "-gdwarf-3 -gstrict-dwarf")
but might not be sufficient.

I suppose we can update GDB to have it working again. In fact, GDB
might not be the default debugger in Haiku anymore in the future,
though be kept as an alternative or deprecated debugging option.
Removing GDB completely is also an option if Debugger is OK for our
needs.

Opinions?

Bye,
Jérôme