[haiku-development] GCC 4.4.0

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:27:09 -0400

I know we just got GCC 4.3.3 lately, but seeing as GCC 4.4.0 is the
current release series now, are there any plans to incorporate this
into Haiku?  I am particularly personally interested in optimizations
for Intel Atom processors which should show up sometime in the 4.4
series.  I don't think any of the Atom-specific changes from the ix86
branch have made it into trunk or the 4.4 branch yet, but would think
they would soon.

In any case, I'm more than happy if we stick with 4.3.3 for some time,
but was just curious if 4.4.0 is being considered.  I suppose it'd
help if there was an official release of it first though.  :)

- joe