[haiku-development] Re: GCC 2.95 and the STL

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 06:59:28 -0700

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not aware of any space constraints other than that the boot loader and
> what is needed for boot strapping the kernel should fit on a 2.88 MB floppy
> disk, but since we don't even zip the thing ATM, the situation seems rather
> relaxed.

The first part to load, after the boot sector, would have to fit in
640 kb.  Possibly it would have to be smaller than that.  I don't know
how the Haiku boot loader works, but I know that the Linux boot loader
plays all kinds of weird games, switching between 16 and 32 bit mode
as it loads up pieces of itself.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford