[haiku-development] Re: GCC 2 x GCC 4

  • From: "Ari Haviv" <arielbhaviv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:29:58 -0400

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 1:38 PM, André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 14:36,  <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Anyway, please *consider* LLVM. It might suit us much better than GCC.
>
> And of course I mean this in the context of Haiku R2.

Don't forget the clang frontend (http://clang.llvm.org/). And the fact
that llvm/clang is BSD is also important in case a company like Intel
would like to make special optimizations. Intel involvement may sound
far fetched but they were a major investor of Be Inc. We should still
be able to make a case for Haiku to them as the future is multi
multi-core and pervasive multithreading is more relevant than ever.

btw how is that scheduler coming along?