[haiku-development] Re: Fwd: [haiku-doc] Organizing translations of User Guide/Welcome Package

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 00:07:47 -0800

 I don't have experience with the process, so I
> would trust the people who are involved in other projects, but the tools
> available for Haiku would be a consideration for me.
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

If there's tools that would be helpful but they haven't been ported
yet, if you ask us nicely we might look into porting them.  There's a
binary of gettext for haiku available here:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/8/23/2062382/gettext-0.17-gcc2-2008-10-01.zip
Note that it's over 15mb.  If you are reading this (perhaps months or
years after today) and the binary link no longer works, search for the
portlog entry on haikuports and there'll probably be an updated link.
-scottmc