[haiku-development] Re: Fwd: [Website feedback] Be programming book link to the documents webpage

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:28:38 -0700

I finally sat down last year and read that book from cover to cover,
blogging it along the way.  Those posts are on the norcal-hug site:
http://www.myhaiku.org/norcal-hug/?q=blogs/scottmc/2007-10-10_beginning-program-beos/haiku-part-1
I should try out the book's code again now that Haiku can build
programs.  Many of the examples in the book were written based on Be's
1995 sample code, but the examples in the zip file from the author's
site he uses the 1999 sample code, so yes there are some differences
to watch out for and some examples don't compile without needing to
fix them first.
-scottmc